Tuesday, January 29, 2008

OMG I Have SO Much To Tell You!

Hey there everybody! I am back after a week of being out of pocket in the blogging world! I got fired from my job last Wednesday afternoon! Yes! Shut up! I did! My boss, who I love by the way, came to me with the weirdest look on her face and I said " what am I in trouble?" She nodded yes and I said" are you firing me? " She said we are going to have to let you go! I said" why what did I do wrong?" She told me that it was a corporate decision that I had alienated a referral source and it is all about the money honey with corporate so I was fired rather than even have a inkling of thought that we would lose a referral meaning loss of revenue! I know I know! Me too! I was dumbfounded! But in true Poody form I said" you don't want to fire me!" She said no she didn't but it was not her decision. She looked like she was gonna cry!I said" don't you want to counsel me like verbal warning or written warning?" I just got the best evaluation of my life less than month ago! I told her she should just put me back out in the field! She asked if I was willing to do this. I said "Hell yes! I love doing patient care. I am a nurse. I am not into making people happy. I make people feel better and if you feel better then you are happy. If you are not sick and not happy and you are looking to me to make you happy then it is probably not going to happen." I went to nursing school not charm school people! I suggested she put me out in the field to do all the admits on the patients. I am good at it and my documentation is great. Then she said" yea I like that idea. You could also precept all the new employees and show them the ropes in the field."She told me to just pack up my office and go home taking a vacation day for the next 2 days and she would work on making this happen and call me the next day. I went home in shock to say the least and had the weirdest dream about being in Iraq hiding from the Taliban with Stockard Channing who was married to a Muslim man(he beat her). Hey, I have no idea why but that was the dream. Anxiety I guess. I got a call the next morning from the boss and she asked how I was doing. I said" I don't know how am I doing?" She said she thought I was doing great and then offered me the job of being the admit nurse for the company. I have to do 2 admits a day and orient all new staff. Y'all it is a great gig! I started my day yesterday at 8:40 am and finished by 3pm. Today, I left the house at 8:30am and got home by 1:15pm. I am done people. They are also giving me a company car with a company gas card! No more getting up at 6:30am to leave the house by 7:10 to get to work by 8am. No more getting off at 5pm to battle traffic and get home at 6 or later. Hell, most of time I never even left work till 6 or later. I am salaried so all that time after 5pm was free time for them. So, I am thinking getting fired for me was the best thing to happen in a long time! The down side of it is I am not on the computer as much as I was when I was in the office but it is all good. I promise to check in on everyone at least once a week maybe more. My home computer is so fucking sloww I tell ya it "works" me! am looking into getting a whole new system to tell the truth. I have to see how much income tax return I get first.I want you to know that during all that turmoil I never cried or got upset. I just prayed to God and said you know God, I know you have a plan for me but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I am leaving it in your hands. I had what alcoholics call an epiphany of sorts. I mean , I just gave it up to a higher power! And in true God form he bailed me out of a tough jam and gave me a wonderful gift! Thank you Lord!

--------------------oOo--------------------

13 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Thank God everything is ok... I would have not been so calm! At least not these days.

I'm glad to be back. I couldn't stand it any longer. I missed everyone!!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Praise the Lord!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

You, my friend are an amazing,inspiring woman!
Can you come here and teach me
your life skills???
I LOVE how things have turned out for you and I can't wait to hear all about your new adventures!!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh Sis, those people SUCK!!!!! I KNEW something was up, I could just feel it.

Glad everything worked out ok! I am jealous you get to sleep later that 5 LOL

1:18 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I am much the same as you, working full time casual as a nurse and trying to keep the kids happy and myself happy and my blog readers too :)

1:52 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I'm glad it all worked out for you sweetie.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Hurrah for alienated referrals, Poody!

Did you a favour, didn't they?

What if you don't come up with the 2 admits a day??? How to you source them? Nosy aren't I? More like I'm interested in the way things are done, really.

At least you know that you really are valued by the company.

Stockard Channing and the Taliban????

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had a very stressful week with some of the idiots that work near me. I think they big note themselves and enjoy making other peoples life miserable.

I just sit back, smile and take it all. So I hope god has some big plan for me. Something good must be ahead of me.
Bye from Oz

5:12 AM  
Blogger Crushed said...

Well, that sounds so NOT like getting fired.
If I got sacked, I'd be screwed.

You landed on your feet!

2:46 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

OMG! Wow. Um.

Wow.

That happened quickly.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, can't remember the trail I took to get here, but here I am!

Ya know, you have a GREAT outlook, and you're right, betting fired sounds like a very good thing for you, and that feels weird typing it out. Fired? Good thing? Hmmmm.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Hey Poody! Where are you????

4:21 AM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

What a wonderful story! I guess there are blessings in disguise afterall.

Am assessing and evaluating my job situation here too. Do I want to whore myself out for money or find another line of work that is more fulfilling but for less money.

Anyway, glad your job situation worked out. Am sooo happy to hear that.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars