Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hey there! I hope everyone had a great New Year's celebration! I ended up staying home and watching the mexicans next door spill out of the house and drunk drive down the road. They were having a grand old time and myself and the neighbor across the street sat in the front yard drinking wine and watching them hoot and holler and pop a bunch of fireworks. It has been so dry here I was afraid they may set my house on fire! That would not do at all. The dogs were also freaked out from all the noise and stuff. I missed my friend Gail's party and I have not spoken to her since.I hope it was a good one. That's the 2nd party in a month I was invited to but did not attend. I am getting old!

Speaking of which,my birthday is Saturday! I am taking a vacation starting the 5th and ending the 14th. I have no special plans other than not working. I may go to Dallas -Forth Worth and hang out with my family and friends up there for a few days. Forth Worth has a few museums worth looking into.

I was pretty good about the whole diet thing over the holidays I was tempted to eat all the little candies and sweets people kept bringing to work. I did however have a chicken fried steak with a baked potato loaded with sour cream,butter,bacon bits and cheese yesterday topped off with a Dr Pepper with cherry and vanilla.It was good too. But that was all I ate yesterday. Nothing else. No black eyed peas for fortune or greens for prosperity. I do that every year and still I am poor!

Today, I am back on track but know that my birthday is looming ahead. I have already decided to stay on track and my cousin and I will be going to Lockhart for the best BBQ in the world at Kreuz's Market. They have prime rib and ham on the weekends! Yummo!I can get into all that and maybe even a little low carb ice cream for deserrt. The Elvis show is that night so I am sure to dance off any extra calories I may pick up!

I did see my family this past weekend. I met up with my 2 sisters and my mom at my friend Nancy's house which is about half way between me and them. We went into this little town Lorena and had a nice lunch and then shopped in their town square. They have all these little antique shops along the streets. One of them is in the old bank building and one of them was in the old post office building. If I had some money I could do some damage. I thought of you Cazzie and all the pretty stuff you would fill your home with.

My mom gave me an IPOD nano which I have yet to figure out. It have an account with the ITUNES store but I cannot register my IPOD! WHATEVER!My 2 sisters gave me a red sweater set and a docking speaker for the IPOD so I can listen to it in the house! GRRRR! I wish I could figure this shit out!

While we were having lunch my mom pulled off this ruby and diamond ring and handed it to me asking if it fit.It was too small and I gave it back to her and told her I didn't want any of her jewelry except for my grandmother's wedding ring that she wears with her own wedding rings. She took it off and gave it to me. It is platinum with 9 diamonds in the band. I love it so much. My grandmother raised me and she is more like my mom than my real mother. My mom has had the ring since Grandmother died in 1989. My sister, Angela was not happy with this as she thinks she should have any and everthing of my mom's. I heard my mom tell her later that when they got home she would let her go through her rings and get what she wanted. I could care less. I am so proud of this ring. It is the most precious thing I own.

I will try to come back later this week before I go on vacation but I wanted to wish everyone a great New Year!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww I'm so happy you've got your grandmothers ring:)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Awesome stuff to have your Grandmas ring :)
You ought to go party once with your neighbours..go on, go for your life :)

11:48 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Poody!!

I've been meaning to ask when it was as I'm a Capricorn too: it's my birthday today!

Happy Birthday to Us!!!!

It's lovely that your mother let you keep your grandmother's ring, rather than give in to the complaints of your sister. :0)

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars