Friday, December 14, 2007

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas


I have been working for the same company for 5 years now and every Christmas we get a Christmas bonus which is anywhere from 300 to 1000 dollars right before Christmas. Today we found out there is no bonus.Seems we are now going to get the bonuses based on our performance at the "w". Hello, I have been doing this freaking job alone now for 3 years. Let's not forget the talker who made my life hell and the workload doubled. I get paid a salary for 40 hours a week but am usually here from 8am to 7-8pm every night that is free work for them. I also work every Saturday to help out the field staff. I mean how much more performing do you need from me to give me a lousy bonus because believe me when I say the big dogs are probably getting a bonus for sure. They were all here too yesterday all smiles and how are ya's! Whatever! They knew back in June I bet we weren't getting a bonus but no, let's wait and tell them 2 weeks before Christmas that they are not getting any money. We all count on that bonus to buy presents. In my case, I forgo the bills that are due to buy presents and wait to pay them with the bonus check! I know we should never expect the bonus but like I said 5 years running. One of the office clerical staff is so upset she says they will have to forgo Christmas altogether because she does factor that in to her budget. Guess she paid her bills already. I hope I get cash for Christmas because I need it!Fuck it I am off to get my head stuck in some kind of liquor bottle! I said good day!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

That Grinch is amazingly busy... and seems to be a zillion places at one time... causing havoc and sadness where ever he goes..

Somewhere, there are some very fat cats that are benefiting from the Grinch's cost cutting...

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had a Christmas bonus, but I'm hoping there's one for me this year. I reaaaalllllly need the money, especially when the bank is taking out $400 on the 24th for a loan payment.

And shopping for presents, ugh, it's crazy. I should wait til after the big day and get everything at a discounted price.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Ooh Corey; you'd be a brave man to front those post-Xmas sales....

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars