Friday, December 21, 2007

More About Brock

He is home now and doing much better since he had a ventriculostomy! He was in the office with Adrian and his partner Patrick yesterday for the office Christmas party. Sarah was there as well. Adrian had Brock's chart with him and we were reading through it. I was so appalled by the things I read. He had several fractures I think I had mentioned before but even I had no idea the extent of the damage done. Remember he is only a few weeks old as in less than 12 weeks old.When he was first brought to he ER for his diaper rash, he also had the following;both ankles fractured,both knees fractured, and a pelvic fracture. Also the 11th and 12th ribs were fractured along with his skull fracture!Yep, you are reading this right!

Adrian said he was having breakfast with some friends of his the other day and he was showing someone a picture of Brock. It was back when he was still in the hospital and Sarah saw the picture and asked him what was wrong with Brock. Adrian told her he had been badly injured and was at the hospital to get all fixed up. She then said "Mommy beats on Brock". Needless to say the whole room went quiet as everyone stared open mouthed at her.I ask you, how can anyone be so cruel and heartless as to beat on an infant? It makes me kind of mad at God. I mean, why would He let something like that happen to such an innocent helpless being? You got some 'splainin' to do!

He is the best little thing too. he eats well and when he finishes he curls up on your shoulder and goes to sleep. he is a bundle of joy! I could hold him for hours! His little breath on my neck smelling like formula and baby! He is even adorable while passing gas in my arms! HAAHA!

I am going over to their house on Christmas day. They have a 5 year old brother who lives in a foster house not too far from them. He will be at Adrian's on Christmas day and Adrian says he is in the process of getting him too. He feels it is important to keep the 3 of them together if at all possible. He will come to live with them on the 27th! Not far off now! That will give Adrian and Patrick 4 kids altogether. They already had Caden, the 8 month old baby boy they have had since he was 5 months old. Wow, full house! They couldn't be happier!Neither can I ,knowing I get to share the holidays with them!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow that poor little boy....

sending you all big hugs for christmas x

3:13 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

I'm trying so hard not to let the tears loose, Poody... It's just a miracle that there are people like Adrian and Patrick (& their extended families) around to love and care for these babies...

And a gateau is a European style of layered sponge-like cake, that is rich and creamy. It comes in a multitude of flavours, often featuring the addition of liquers and/or fruit. YUMMY!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I had to re read your post a few times to understand that what I was reading was actually what I was reading...it is UNBELIEVABLE that this can hapen, and yet..it does...bless the little man's heart and I just commend your friends for taking in these little ones and giving them love and re assurance!!

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars