Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dentist Day




I thought everyone could use a nice picture of sweet Dooley! It is an old picture but how cute is he? Really!

I have a dental appointment this afternoon. Just a cleaning but it will get me out of the office this afternoon! Whoo hoo! I am so ready for my vacation. I am taking it after the holidays. I haven't decided what I will do yet if anything. I may just stay at the house and do day trips around Austin. I haven't made up my mind yet.

I got a present from one of the girls in the office this morning. It is a leash holder for the wall and it says no outfit is complete without dog hair! How true! We slept last night with the front door inlocked. I guess I live in a good neighborhood because we woke up not dead and nothing gone. Dumb asses! I thought Linda had locked the door and she thought I did!

I am so proud of myself this morning I put on a sweater that is like 2 sizes smaller than the clothes I have been wearing and in it I can tell I have lost weight. I am looking... not bad people!Hopefully, by this time next year, I will be shopping in the front of the store! Steph, I am gonna need some designer clothes. I know you can get them in your fabulous high fashion job! Hook me up!

This morning something else happened that I am so grateful for and that is I woke up without pain! I know this sounds trite but I have wicked bad osteoarthritis and live in pain constantly but this morning I woke up and my knees were not screaming and my shoulder is not hurting either. Now by the end of the day, I could have a different outlook but I am grateful for ever how long it lasts. A truly wonderful gift! I laugh when I tell people that pain free days are so infrequent that I mark them on the calendar.

We had a big meeting this morning in the office for the office staff about bonuses and tiers and the like. Basically, it means we get nada this year or the next. If we meet the goals set forth for census and budget we can get bonuses based on this for the year 2009. Crap on a cracker! What about all the hard work done this year or next year! I see this as a load of bullshit. And we all know that money talks, bullshit walks and right now it is walking all over me! I don't even know if I will be here in 2009. Man, I gotta get my drink on!

I am reading a great book called A Thousand Splendid Suns. It is about Afghanistan.I have it on audio CD and listen to it on the way to and from the "W".I read the author's last book The Kite Runner. Also a great read. Check it out! Ok, I am off to save the world of old sick people! Hope eveyone out there has a wonderful day. And notice it is Tuesday which are historically bad days for me but not today! Peace out!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

1. Thank you for the Dooley photo. It made my day and I can't wipe that smile on my face. He is such a cutie. BTW, does he shed a lot?

2. Congratulations on the weight loss. I bet you look pretty good in your new sweater.

3. Happy to hear you woke up pain-free.

4. You are always welcome to visit NYC, provided Dooley gets to come along. :-)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yaah for a pain free day!!!! I dont remember the last time I had one of those. The cold weather seems to make my pain worse.

Dooley = CUTE!!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Yay for pain-free days and gorgeous Dooley-dogs!

Was your sweater black, Poody? Good on you for sticking to your diet plan; it's good that you're seeing results. I like black because it's slimming... and will show off those ultra-fashionable dog hairs to perfection!

And what sort of goals are there to meet in the provision of health care for the aged? Lordy knows, it's a growth industry where demand far outweighs the ability to supply care..... bah humbug!

The holidays are nearly here...Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars