Monday, October 22, 2007

Broke Back Poody

I am so broke. I have no idea what happened other than I just spend more money than I make! I am so not enjoying this. I have till Friday to get paid and only $40. I still need gas $2.69/gallon but it is really $2.70 /gallon because it is $2.69 and 9/10ths. What is that all about? Why can't they just say what it really is? I worked all day on Saturday and then took Sunday off. I just pretty much lounged around in my jammies till around 2pm then I got up and went to the store, came back home, put my jammies back on, and the only thing I did was let the dogs in and out.

This morning around 4am I awoke to thunder and a rainstorm. It was chilly when I got up at 6:30 am around 57 degrees. That is downright cold here at the back door of hell! I guess a cold front came through. I know to folks like Ms. L. who has already seen snow this month this is not chilly at all.But believe me when I say this is autumn weather for us. I really do not have winter clothes. I mean, winter dressing for me means no sandals! Dooley was not having any of this cool weather this morning either! He stood at the back door crying to get in this morning! Needless to say because of the rain they are all in the house all day! I have a dog door but the neighbors have a little black mut dog and a blue pit bull. The pit will not let the little dog eat so he comes to my house every morning to eat. I do not mind but he wants to come in the house and I will not have it. He is not a good houseguest!

I am in week 12 of my Atkins diet! I haven't weighed again though since the week before Austin City Limits. My cousin was gone last week from Wed to Sun and when she came back I swear she looks like she is losing weight too. I mean, we see each other every day so I haven't noticed it before. I guess when you see someone every day it is harder to notice things like that. I asked her if her family commented on how much weight she had lost and she said no they had not! How rude!

Friday night the girls came over and we had a burn party.You know where you burn all the stuff that needs to be shredded. I had a huge garbage bag full of stuff and Jana had 2 bags and a box. Gail had almost a bag full. We started burning about 8:30 pm and we finished about 12:30 am! That was a lot of stuff. Of course, I looked at my fire pit this morning and it is sitting there full of water and ash! NASTY! That is going to be a chore I am not looking forward to!

Is anyone else watching the Psychic's reality show? I have caught a few of the episodes but it is interesting. The one I watched pitted 4 of them against each other in challenges. One of the challenges was to go into a hotel room and say what famous person died in there! It was where Janis Joplin died. I got chill bumps watching these people work! My cousin says I watch too much reality shows! Whatever! How about you? Do you watch reality shows?

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Cool is cold,no matter where you live.I'd find your temps cold too,it's dry up here and easier to manage. When I go to vancouver I am usualy FREEZING,lol

Poor puppy huh?
I should come down and get that pittie;p let the mutt have a meal at his own house!

You're doing so good on the diet! Congrats!

That show sounds really good,I'm gonna watch for it..

12:15 PM  
Blogger Hamdy Khalaf said...

Thank you very much for the comment about my daughter photo, we live in Egypt.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we don't have that tv show in australia.

if we did I'd probably watch it (but whether or not I'd admit I watch it is another story :-)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey Poody,I've wondered about that diet? Is is working for you?

Hey I guess I watch a few reality shows. I wonder though if they are really reality. They know the camera is on them, so they pick their words and adjust their ways according to how they want to be perceived by the viewing public.

I think of them as amateur actors and most receive no wage as a trade in.

Fab post...ciao babes.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

The only reality shows that I watch are Aussie & American Idol, and dancing shows. I like medical shows too, but no-one else here does.

You had Beloved and I reaching for a conversion chart, Poody, to see how cold it is in celsius; about 17 degrees; that's a bit on the cool side. It's spring here, so I guess that we're experiencing similar weather at the moment. But not much rain. To quote some great Aussie slang, it's drier than a dead dingo's donger! But we are actually having some showers of rain this evening; lovely!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I am broke too Sis. If it werent for all the bills we have we would be ok LOL.

Good going on that Diet! I am supposed to go for a nutrition class for my diabetes soon.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars