Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What's on my Mind

I am at work and of course I am fucking off! My favorite work activity! I was sitting here listening to my radio station on Yahoo! The Counting Crows are singing about a long December. They have a new album coming out next month and I can hardly wait! They are without a doubt my FAVORITE band in the world! I have seen them so many times I can't even count anymore... well wait a minute,11 maybe 12 times. I know that seems excessive but believe me it isn't near enough.

I got the new K.T. album yesterday. It is sounding pretty good too. Matchbox 20 has a new album out this month. I think it is a lot of old songs with a few new tracks. The new Collective Soul album is great! I love the single Hollywood. Now if Better Than Ezra can just put a new album out I would be a happy woman indeed!

My friend Kelly and her husband went to Houston the other night to see Velvet Revolver who also has a new album out! She said they rocked! I saw them a few years back and it was one of the best performances I have ever seen. I haven't gotten their new album yet. What is up with that?

The "clits" are working on a birthday routine for fellow "clit" Gail's 50th birthday party. She wanted a drag show so we are putting one on for her and we have been meeting up every evening after work to rehearse our dance moves! It will be a fun time. I have been trying to find a stripper who will dress in drag and strip for us but I am having a hard time finding this. The people I have talked with all have a problem with the guy dressing in drag and then stripping. I do not see what the issue is I mean, what difference does it make whether or not you are stripping out of a police uniform, pizza guy outfit, or a mini dress and fishnet hose? The final result is you in a g-string on the table , right?Whatever! We may not get a stripper! The menu is vodka punch and and a penis cake! She didn't want a big party but we had to invite someone to come and watch the show! It will be less than 20 people though! To us, this is a small gathering! I still have to go buy her birthday gift and get my costume together. I have to have BIG hair for sure! Luckily, being a Texas girl, I can make big hair no matter what!

My old boss is now my counterpart. The talker is gone for good. She is not a well person and has retired. I hope she gets better but do I miss her? Hell to the no! My old boss knows her stuff and will be a lot of help when she gets through orienting the new boss, who by the way, seems very nice indeed!I hope she likes me OK because I have a very dynamic personality. I mean, you either like me or you hate me. There is not much grey area there. This is why after 30 years of nursing I am not in a power of position. Oh well, I don't feel like I am missing much. Maybe, a little more money and a lot more responsibility. To tell the truth I never wanted to be a nurse all my life! Too late now!

Dooley and I went to an open house over the weekend at the new Petsmart. Thye have a doggy hotel and it was so niice. They have individual rooms for the dogs with a nice little bed with sheepskin covers and a little pillow. They have TV sets that show doggy movies. They get 3 walks a day and have soft serve ice cream treats with doggy cookies! For bedtime they give them a kong filled with peanut butter! There is even a telephone booth so you can call and talk to them! I may have to use their services if I ever get to go anywhere.$25/day. Seems reasonable. Of course, everyone was fawning all over Dooley because he is so different. Plus, he is adorable to boot!

Last thought is about TV. Have you seen the new show Moonlight? I love it. The main guy is so hot. He is from Australia, of course! He was in a very bizarre movie,Feed. it was without a doubt one of the weirdest movies not to be from David Lynch I have ever seen! I am not recommending it but he is a looker!I think he may have been on The Shield last season as well. Anyways, check out Moonlight and see what I mean.

Ok, then back to work!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

hey Sis, the party sounds like it is going to be a blast!!!

Is your old boss now sharing your office with you or are you alone?

I am ready for a new BTE album too!

3:10 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I have an office all to myself

3:12 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Woohooo,I'm glad the talker is GONE! If you wish for something hard enough,it actually happens,lol

I can't wait to see the photos of that great party!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Thank God for the demise of the talker! you should be having a party.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars