Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cleaning House

I have been off for the last 2 days from work to get my house in order. I have a room I call the room of pain. It was a kind of catch all storage room before the Rat Bastard moved out and then when he was moving out he just chunked stuff in there. The result was a jumble of trash and discarded, sad, junked up crap! I kept putting off going through it because I knew it would be a big chore and it would hurt me to have to rummage through his trash! So, enter my friend Connie from Dallas. She is in between jobs and came down last Friday to help me get through the room of pain. She was brutal too. She was throwing everything out. I had to keep sneaking out to the curb to rescue things that I still wanted to hang onto. Like...my bowling shirt from 1977. Or my great aunt's nurse's cape from when she graduated nursing school. Probably almost 100 years old!Don't get me wrong though, there was a LOT of stuff that got tossed! I threw out a lot of stuff I had been holding onto for whatever lame reason. Like a broken wall clock I was going to take to be fixed about 15 years ago. Or a pair of stiletto heels I will never wear again. Or my favorite was my biniki from age 25! Damn, I was hot back then! But, it is all gone now.I now have 1 plastic box that houses old letters,postcards,pictures,concert stubs, and other various sentimental items. The room is a lot emptier but I still need a storage shed in the back yard. I have a lot of stuff and my cousin's stuff is all in the garage so no more room in there. I think I will start saving back the $ amount it would cost if I was to rent a unit and then when I have enough saved up go buy one! Maybe, but in case that takes too long I am also going to look into just going ahead and getting one sooner than that. I have to say that although it was hard on me both emotionally and physically to clean that room out it does feel better now that it is done. I keep going in there and looking around at what is left. It feels better too!

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Teehee nothing like an efficient friend!
You girls really cut it down,good for you!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I think it is good you rescued some of those things that are important to you, but it is also good to have a friend like that, who can just help you purge.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars