Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Summer is Almost Over




So, my friend Beth just bought a house and there is a swimming pool in the back yard. It is a nice yard but there are too many trees and the pool stays in the shade most of the day. We tried to swim the other night but it was just too chilly.

In fact, this Friday night the gang is all coming over to my house for a burn party. We are going to take all the stuff you save to shred and burn it instead! Sound like fun? Come on over.I have a fire pit! My friend Annie is coming over with some things she still has to get rid of her son's. He overdosed last year and she still has this stuff. She says she is ready to part with it all and a burning ceremony is what she needs! Then that is what she shall have!I have a big bag of stuff myself!

I had the worst day yesterday which is a bad sign when you are stressing out on Monday but listen to my tale of woe! It actually starts on last Saturday. I had worked all morning and when lunch time came around and I was done for the day, I decided to take a trip to Lockhart for the best BBQ in the world. So, I get down there and I have no money on me so I hit the ATM machine which is going to charge me $2.00 to use so I decide to get out enough money for the week. $100. I do not have my purse with me and no pockets so I put the money in the food bag and sit down to eat and then head home. I eat out that bag the next 2 days on the food I had brought home. Come Monday morning I get ready for work and carry out the garbage to the curb since they pick it up every Monday morning. Come lunch time I go to pay for my food and no money! I think to myself, hey ,where is the $75m I had from Saturday? Oh no, I rush home only to find the trash has come and gone along with my money! Damn the devil! Ok fine, shake it off. But, now I am on empty for the gas in the car and need to go get more before heading back to work. I go to the gas station and pull up and ding ding ding... no money card either. I am still out of money! So, I head to the bank which thankfully is close by and sit in line for the slowest teller in the world! Finally, I get my money and go back to the gas station where I have to get out and go pay! What? I am so not used to doing things with real cash! I take $40 and get $30 worth of gas and a Dr. Pepper. I go back out to pump the gas and toss the 3 ones and a five spot in the open window of the car. As I am pumping gas a bum walks up and asks me to help him out. I tell him, sorry I am having my own money crisis toady. He mumbles something under his breath and then reaches in the open window grabs my $8 and turns to leave. I see this and start yelling,"Oh hell to the no, you did not just take my damn money muther fucker!" I am still holding the gas nozzle in my hand and I turn pulling it out of the car and am spraying gass all over him and the surrounding area. He starts yelling back at me and this Mexican guy on the next pump steps up and stops the guy shoving him up against the pump and gets my money back. He stands there talking to the guy and ends up giving him $5.00. I by this time am through pumping gas and get in the car and as I am driving off I stop and offer the bum the 3 one dollar bills I have. He reached out and took it then realized it was me and threw it back in the car cussing me and saying he doesn't want my fucking money! I drive off in a huff and when I get to the stop light I look down and notice he threw my money and the 5 dollar bill the Mexican had given him as well! I got jacked by and then in turn jacked a homeless guy! This cannot be a good omen!

I get back to work only to be bombarded by a constant barrage of phone calls each one more annoying than the last.A daughter of a patient called me. She is a verbal vomiter and will keep you on the phone repeating the same things over and over again! I finally just put her on speaker phone and continued working on putting a referral into the system. She has ADD or something and talks so much that you need not even throw in a uh huh! This went on for about 20 minutes which seemed an eternity. After that I get a call from a Dr. office looking for lab work on a patient that was done early this morning. Where is it? I call around to find out the nurse did not mark it as STAT even thought it should have been so now I have to call the Dr. office and explain to them in a way without saying it that yes we do employ ididots here! I rounded the day out at 6:30 pm only 1 1/2 hours after hours with a call from a demented patient who kept telling me the same things over and over again. Wheew!

Today is Tuesday and as such are historically, for me, bad.I am going to keep my hopes up that it will be a good day but it has not so far shown itself to be a good one! Ok, I am done crabbing! I am thankful for a job to be bothered at and thankful for.. hey wait a minute I am not gonna be thankful for the "w"! Fuck that!

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! that's quite a story.

hope tuesday was better, good luck with wednesday

3:51 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Look, tomorrow will be better, I am sure of it :)
Just listen to my fav song again..you will feel better :)

http://idontdomornings.blogspot.com/2007/08/john-butler-triobetter-than.html

11:09 PM  
Blogger BD said...

Thanks for stopping by...

Is winter really that bad?

A little frost, patches of ice, seas of snow, fireplaces, and little irritating kids running around at f' knee height in every store getting everything soaked.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find reading your posts painful too.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Sorry to hear about the bad week.

I hope it gets better. *hugs*

6:09 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Oh sweets, I hope your week gets better but I had to laugh about the bum throwing his five bucks at you...sorry, but that did appeal to my fucked up sense of humour ;)

8:08 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

Aww no.Ii hate losing money, but it could have been worse. I hate losing my wallet more!!

5:35 AM  
Blogger poody said...

steph I know I got jacked by and jacked a bum all in one stop! It was funny! I laughed too!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

OMG, that is the funnest picture!!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars