Friday, June 08, 2007

Fabulous! How are you?

One of the things I do here at my job is customer service. Actually that is a big part of my job. I have to make people happy. The patients,doctors and their office staff, the nurses in the field, the family members of the patients, and anyone else who may happen to call with a complaint! Today is already starting out to be a doozy! I love when the phone rigs and it starts with " My mother is out of her heart medicine and I want to know what you are going to do about it!" Good morning to you too!Put that fire out and get the next call. "I want to complain about the home health aide who comes out and helps with my bath" Ok fixed that one up, next! "Yeh, I'm not gonna be able to see Mrs. Jackson, my car won't start!" "Hey Mary, can you go out to see Willie B. he isn't feeling too good and I don't have another nurse to see him today?" "You have a call holding on lines 2 and 3"Calgon take me away! Job security people! And let's not forget the talker who can't do shit without talking it over with me!

I am going to Dallas in the morning. I thought it would happen this evening but I don't think I will be able to get out of here before 6 or 7 tonight. I hate driving in the dark. I have night blindness! My nephew is out of the ICU. He is feeling much better. They took the tubes out and he had a real shower, and put on real clothes. He wants real food. He just wants to be a real boy! It looks like it is an ulcer that just eroded and when he started vomiting it tore causing the bleed! I am so sure the stress of that job is astronomical! He is such a sweet guy too.I hope to get out of town by 8am tomorrow. I gotta go answer that call now break time is over! I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stays cool. It was in the 90's here yesterday and the heat index was 107. I hate those dang heat index reports! Why make us feel hotter?

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger Crushed said...

I don't think I'd be able to live in Texas.
I collapse at 75" with sunstroke.

I pity you dealing with complaints all day- I have heard it is amongst the most stressful of jobs.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Yikes! A crazy day!
Have a great weekend!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

My hat is off to anyone who can take that much general complaining/making other people happy and still be happy themselves.

Have a lovely trip---I am wishing you cool breezes, low heat indexes, and a glass of lemomade.

6:06 PM  
Blogger magiceye said...

after making everybody happy, its your turn now! have a super weekend and hope your nephew has all the real stuff!! enjoy!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Yep, I love the classic, "I want to know if my mother is ok today or not, or out of theatre now or not"...no hello, how are you, no intoroductions,"My reply, "Well, hello there, and who is your mother? I have 12 ladies here I am nursing, they could all well be your mother!"
You poor love, having to do the work of two people...can't The Talker do her own thinking and talking on the phone?? I bet half the problems are just so straight thinking for the answers.
Have an ace time in Dallas, and drive safe, drive with your lights on...ok.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

So glad your nephew is better hun.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

It makes it really hard sometimes, doesn't it, Poody. While all complaintns have an issue or issues that are important, quite often , the people who really need help are reluctant to ask.

I'm glad things are looking up for your nephew. Healing thoughts are being sent his way ;0)

3:13 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

Seems manners are in short supply when people are relying on you for something as important as, I dunno, HEART MEDICATION.

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars