Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Cop

My cousin Tammie lives in Dallas(don't all Tammies live in Dallas?)She has a son,her baby boy, who is a policeman. He is very good at this job and is always getting awards and commendations. He was teaching a class to some ladies on self defense over the weekend and he was dressed up like a bad guy with the padding on so they could practice their moves on him. Anyways, after the class he came over to Tammie's house and was complaining of his abdomen being sore. That night he got nauseated and started throwing up blood. By the next morning he was still complaining of pain to the gut and was still throwing up bright red blood and clots as well. They took him to the hospital and he is in ICU now. They scoped him and found a tear in his esophagus. Dang! I spoke with her this morning and they had taken the tube out of his nose and he was taking juice and jello in small amounts. If he continues to be stable they will move him to the floor. I told Tammie that once he hits the floor she will need to make sure someone is with him at all times. The ratio of nurse to patient is unsafe in any hospital on the floor. I am planning on going up there as soon as I get off work on Friday. He is my favorite "nephew".I guess the moral to this story is do not piss off a Texas woman, she will kick your ass! HE SAID HE WAS PROUD OF HIS LADIES!

--------------------oOo--------------------

11 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww what a guy!!
I'm sorry he's hurt though and I hope he heals up right quick.
Of course he will with you by his side!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

wow!! I hope he continues to heal up!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Poor love, tell him to take it real easy won't you?
What is the nurse patient ratio there? Here it is 4 to 1.

3:52 AM  
Blogger poody said...

man Cazzie sometimes it can be 7:1 on the floors really dangerous! I don't know about the hospital he is in.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That sounded serious enough to make me wonder. And my heart doctor told me the worst place to be these days is in the hospital. Imagine that.

I came over to thank you for stopping and commenting on my blog. It was nice of you to do that. I appreciate it.

Abraham Lincoln
Remember "The World's Ugliest Cat?" He got a haircut!
Brookville Daily Photo

3:04 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Shivers. that IS dangerous!! Until the Union jumped up and down and the nurses rallied back in the 1980's and then the late 1990's yet again, the numbers were 6:1 here. Still is in some private sectors I think. It makes it very very hard when you have 2 or 3 real sickies, or post op's you know...very dangerous for sure!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Pecos Blue said...

Wow hope he gets well soon.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

That's awful. I hope he comes through it all ok.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

jeez that should not have happened to him!

Keshi.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Ouch! At least he can still have kids. He CAN still have kids, right?

12:45 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Just love your layout and ofcourse I am coming here with my tail between my legs - I am sorry for not stopping by more regulary!!!! If you have not yet noticed I have moved my blog to Wordpress and you can find me here : www.goosie.wordpress.com

Take care and have a great weekend!

Gen (NMOTB)

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars