Saturday, October 25, 2008

Holidays are Closing in!

I have a love hate relationship with Christmas. When I was a kid being raised by my grandparents,for some reason, I was shipped off every Christmas to spend with my mom and her family. I absolutely hated it. My stepfather was mean spirited and treated me like shit. And then there were the children. My half sisters and brother.I adored my brother and got along well with my sister just under me but my other sister was 6 years younger than me and she was a monster child. Devious and petty she was the one who started each and every battle waged within that house. I was used to being the only child and didn't like being thrust into my "other"family especially during the holidays. Anyways, whatever, whatever. Let's move along shall we? I have been collecting doll heads now for a while and have amassed a sufficient quantity to do what I long ago planned and that is to have a anti Christmas themed tree. I have the rattiest nasty doll heads imaginable. Some of them are downright scary! The plan is to get one of those old aluminum trees you know the kind silver and the rattier the better I say. Then I hang the doll heads all over it and trim it in red lights! It is more of a conceptual idea I guess. Anyways, my cousin Linda of the turded pocket has told me she will move out if the offensive tree is displayed in the front yard! I mean really! She is such a prude sometimes! But have no fear my looney friend Lois has offered her yard as fodder for the doll head tree! Yea! Lo!Love her so much! More to come!

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Well, that's what I call a wicked sense of humor.

Like you, I have a love-hate relationship with Christmas and almost all other holidays as well. Being in NYC alone and living thousands of miles from my family, it's always hard watching other people having a jolly good time when I'm alone.

But I do like to holiday decorations, the Christmas carols, the holiday spirit, etc. Just wished I don't have to spend it alone so much.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I LOVE your tree idea soo much!
Your cousin is a party pooper,lol
Good thing you have a willing friend.

I keep thinking about your pit bull neighbor. Is he doing ok?

2:59 PM  
Blogger Crushed said...

I don't like Xmas much. But thats mainly because of the capialist glutfest it has become.

And of course, its the one day of the year you feel truly alone.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Your tree sounds like the ideal tree for the Addams Family, The Munsters, or the Nightmare before Christmas.

I LOVE it!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos please!

Xmas means nothing to me, well, presents anyway. I'm happy just to get a sleep in, a day off work and a decent feed with the family.

Saying that, I've worked about 8 of the last 10 Xmas Days. The double pay for having a bludge is awesome. So too the Boxing and New Years Days.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Come Down Under and do it in my yard, I don't mind...and while you are at it you can have a Summer Christmas with us too, just to be different.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars