Saturday, June 28, 2008

Back Door of Hell Baby!

Seriously,are you kidding me with the freaking heat or what? I am so over the summer already and it just started! It has been hot here since May! Everything is brown and dead. All along the roadsides I see big patches of burned trees and land. I assume the fires are started from people throwing out their cigarettes. They always start at the roadside and head into the pastureland. This morning Jan and I went to Luling for the Watermelon Thump. It took us about 1 hour to get there. It was so hot that after 1 hour I had sweat running down my back and Jan was having mo more of the heat.! Sweltering it was! We had to get back in the car and head to Lockhart where we stopped for some to go BBQ at Kreuz's market! Just the best BBQ in the world! It was crowded and we had to stand in line in front of all the pits and sweated some more!But it was worth it. I brought home ribs,brisket, and smoked ham. We had ribs for lunch and brisket for dinner. Tomorrow we will have eggs and ham! Gotta love the low carb diet!I am so hoping it will rain soon. We saw all these beautiful purple wild flowers growing in the pastures today. I have never seen anything like them and of course did not have my camera with me. Everything else was dead and brown but these flowers were out there just blooming away. Heat and draught be damned! I may have to go back out that way soon to get a better look at those flowers and get a picture of two.

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger phishez said...

I hate when people complain about the heat. Its winter here!

And when it gets to summer here and I'm cooking on a 40 Celsius degree day, you'll be complaining about the cold!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oooohhh it's HOT,waaa!
I'm not fond of the heat either.
I'm droooling over the thought of all that meat,YUM!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars