Friday, March 14, 2008

Bye Bye Buffy

Well, my cousin Linda had to put Buffy down today. She was almost 17 yrs. old,blind,deaf,and incontinent of both urine and feces. She was in pain and it was way past time but as we with pets know it is a devastating blow! I came hoem last night from doggie school with Dooley and she was crying and I knew something was up. She said she knew it needed to be done and she just had to wrap her mind around it was all.She has a friend who said she would come over and inject an air bubble into her vein and she would just go to sleep but I told her uh, no, that would hurt her and it would not be a good way to go. I told her if she took Buffy to my vet I would pay for it but she said no she would pay for it so she did take her into the vet this morning.
On a bright note though, Dooley is doing so god at doggy school. You know, forever he would not sit on command but just this past week he started doing it on the rug in front of the toilet. So, whenever I would come home from work and go to pee he would come in and sit in front of me on the little rug. So, I started praising him for it and started keeping the training treats by the pot! I know it sounds unorthordox but it works. So, last night at school I told the instructor he would sit but I needed a rug. She put the rug down and I told him to sit and lo and behold he did! Then we worked on lay down and again he did! he was so proud of himself! I was about to bust I was so proud! He is adorable to say the least. I want to download some pictures for you but he has chewed thru the camera cable so it is a trip to best buy for me tomorrow.
I am on call this weekend and by the look of my schedule I will be busy both days. Oh well, money in my pocket,baby!I am so enjoying being a road nurse. I have had a new nurse with me all week and she is so sweet but it does slow me down! But hey, whatever it takes. At least, I am not tied to that stinking desk.
I am still on my diet and I weighed the other day and I have lost over 60 pounds so far! I can really tell in my clothes and my mobility. Between the weight loss and the getting to walk and move around so much more now that I am out in the field my knees are so much better. Not to say they do not hurt because they do and will but unless I do something like climb stairs which I had to do yesterday(ouch)I am much more mobile!
I am going to Las Vegas on the 4th of next month. My sister Anna who lives in Fort Worth has a friend who lives in Vegas and she is gettin married. Anna asked me if I wanted to go and I said oh yeah! We will be there from the 4th to the 7th. Too bad I don't know the Vegas Princess that well or we could meet up! Maybe next time! We are staying at the Stratosphere!I have a change bottle that I will cash in and use that for my gambling money! I got a good deal on the air fare on priceline.com but my flight leaves Austin on the 4th at 5am! Hello!
The town is crazy this week. South by Southwest is going on and the rodeo is on town. So, needless to say there is a lot more traffic to deal with. I am staying far away from downtown this weekend!
I am so digging American Idol this year. I love the biker nurse chick so much. She sounds like Janis Joplin! But my money is on little David Archuletta for the win!I am also addicted to Survivor! I am such a tvidiot!
I am listening these days to Amos Lee. If you do not know who this is run out and buy any of his CDs. You will not be dissappointed!I cannot wait for the new Counting Crows album to come out. It is due out any day now!
Well, I guess that is all for right now.I can't think of anything I haven't told you that I wanted you to know!I am off to check out my peeps sites and see what you are up to these days. I hven't checked my email in a week and have over 200 emails! Geeze!

--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

so sorry about your cousins dog, I know how she feels.

I want to go vegas with you!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahhhhhhh.

My legs have been feeling pretty good all week, I think me losing weight has something to do with it!! Congrats on losing 60lbs thats so awesome!!!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww I'm sorry about the doggie:(

You are kicking ASS on the diet. Good for you!
Now come here and kick me in the ass,I seem to have stalled..

I'm happy you're enjoying being out and doing your job too.
I can just picture you, flying around town,getting stuff done:)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I am so glad your cousin took her pet to the vet. I feel bad for her, though.

Glad Dooley is doing well!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

What is it with peoples pet going to the toilet with them?? this is the second blog today I've read about that has a pet who likes to sit in the can with the owner.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Hey there! It's the Vegas Princess mentioned. I am always willing to meet up with other bloggers, weather I know them or not. And that fact that Mel and Lynda comment on your blog helps. Anyone who knows those two has to be alright in my book. :) However, I will be working the entire time you are here and unable to meet up. I am so sorry!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars