Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Linda and the Mullet

Okay, so many of you know that back in November of last year I moved my cousin Linda in with me. It has, for the most part, been a blast to say the least. She is the complete and total opposite of me. Where I am liberal she is conservative, where she likes likes all things country and western I like things city and modern. We get along like a house on fire but sometimes she makes me laugh so hard. Take for example the guest she has staying with us right now. Her best friend who came to visit a couple of months back(the one who was smoking in the house)anyways, her husband is in town. He came in yesterday and she asked me yesterday if he could stay over last night. He came in for a job interview which she thought was for yesterday but now the interview is for today instead so it looks like he will be staying at least another night. He is a very nice guy and I like him ok. It's just that y'all he has a mullet and it is silver! A silver mullet! He is not a bad looking guy to tell the truth and he is probably not even in his 40's. I remember the wife saying he was younger than her and she is in her mid forties. But the mullet, hello! Nobody wears those things anymore, do they?He is from Arizona so maybe out there it is different. He is all business in the front and party in the back. I wanted so bad to laugh out loud when I saw him. And I can't wait for him to leave so I can tease Linda about it because I know with her conservative ways she is already appalled by the sheer length of the hair. Come to think of it she kind of has a mullet hairdo! My lesbian friend Beth says she thinks Linda is gay and just don't know it.I don't think she is gay but she is definitely a tomboy. Has been all her life. The thought of going shopping with a bunch of girls or sitting around talking recipes or fat thighs is not her cup of tea. She is more comfortable being with the guys and watching the game or work on the car/truck. She loves John Wayne and thinks George Clooney is the sexiest man alive. But she drives a Ford pickup truck and goes to a lot of softball games! Maybe she is like me asexual! I mean, if you ain't getting it then it don't matter who you ain't getting it from does it?

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I agree with her on George Clooney. I stalk him in my dreams.

Sis, covertly take a pic of the mullet with your cell phone and send it to me! I have to see this LOL!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Mmmmm George Clooney and Jon Bon Jovi do it for me :)

The mullet hey...went out in the 1980's here, but, I do see it around occasionally...and well, it is unsightly I do reckon.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oooooh a mullet??
We see them all the time up here and I always giggle. Cut your freaking hair people!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Who doesn't love George Clooney??

BTW, I love the photo of the sleeping daschund. It makes me smile every time I see it. Thanks.

11:20 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

George Clooney...Johnny Depp...I wouldn't kick either one out of bed even if they ate a whole crate of crackers but if they were sportin a mullet? Ummm...they wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell! LMAO....

Yeah, there are a few "zonies" that come to so. cal. with mullets...WTF is up with that? They were ugly in the 80's and they're even uglier now esp on us old folks...lol.

I just stare and wonder when I see one and think do they realize what they look like?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Yeah the mullet is soooo yesterday, the day before yesterday, and the day before that, even waaay down under here in Australia. I would never wear one, or have sex with anyone who has one. I didn't way back when it was fashionable, and I was young and stupid.. then... now I'm just stupid..

BUT;

You have to respect the complete and utter "I don't give shit what anybody else thinks" attitude of a mullet-wearing devotee. And they usually look after their hair, and it's clean..... ;0)

6:13 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

Haven't you seen? Mullets seem to be making a comeback.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh - the lady at work has a silver mullet too. She has had it for years. I'm going to ask her next week who her stylist is to make sure I never, ever accidently go there!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars