Friday, August 10, 2007

Jesus Christ Superestrella

I went to see this play/musical last night at The Zachery Scott Theater. It was a bilingual production that was heavy on the Mexican culture.It was the original musical from the 70's but with a Mexican flair. The songs were bilingual. Jesus was HOT!! But my favorite was King Herod portrayed as a luchadore (that's a Mexican wrestler). Judas was very good also.He had an awesome voice. The whole thing was so spectacular. I wish all of you could have seen it because it was so wonderful. I cried of course who wouldn't?

Tonight I am going to another play, Mr Marmalade. It is a dark comedy at a little place called Hyde Park Theater. I love going to plays. I will tell you how it was after I have seen it.

Tomorrow my friend Jana is having a pool party with a Christmas theme. Christmas in August. Complete with Christmas dinner and white elephant gifts to boot. We want to see what our Australian friends get every year! Sounds like fun, huh? The invite says bring your favorite Christmas dish, a bathing suit,towel, alcohol, and a gift to exchange.

I am so loving this CD right now Paolo Nutini-These Streets. He is this guy from Scotland. he is brilliant! It is my favorite CD this summer.He will be here for the Austin City Limits Festival. If you haven't heard it go right now and get it! Really, I mean it. What? Are you still here? GO!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I LOVE the idea of Christmas In August! How fun is that??!

12:50 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

Christmas is August. Yep. Sounds about as hot and irritating as ours. Do the flies go up your nose too?

9:57 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Plays are great to see. I love them especially when there is ad libbing and jocularity from both audience and performers alike :) Then you just know it is all live :)

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that play sounds good. I'd like to see Herod as a luchadore!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars