Friday, July 27, 2007

Freaky Friday

I have a theory about Fridays. I think people get a little crazy on this day. I know the patients have a tendency to get sick or psychotic on fridays. Traffic is always worse on fridays. I bet people even cheat more on fridays. Seems like a good day to go crazy. In a perfect life I would never ever work on Fridays or Mondays for that matter. Just Tuesday,Wednesday, and Thursdays. How about it Nurse Myra? Your folks act up on fridays? I know y'all have a happy hour on Fridays.

I got a call this morning from a Dr. office wanting us to send a nurse out to admit a patient right now into home health services. I explained that since it is almost noon and the nurses are already out and about that we could admit but it wouldn't be until after 6pm this evening. The nurse at the Dr. office said ok go ahead and admit because this patient may need ot go to the E.R. WTF?? Yeh, let's wait until all the Dr. offices are closed for the day and then send a nurse out to see the patient who may or may not need to go to the E.R. I did talk to the patient or at least attempt to talk to him. He is older than dirt and deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other. I screamed at him until I was hoarse and he still had no idea what I wanted or who I was. Sad, but true. Not only that but he lives in a shady part of town. That is always a plus for the on-call nurse going out. Not only willhe have to work after hours seeing a sick person but he will have to dodge the crakcheads who will undoubtedly be milling all around. At least, the nurse is male and not a little bitty girl going out there.

I plan on working this weekend and I am not looking forward to it. I usually don't mind but tomorrow all I want to do right now is sleep in and veg out! Oh well, better luck next time huh? Hope everyone has a great weekend!

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

you too!

That's sad about the old man,and scary for the nurse too.I told my hubby he should go into nursing because then he'd be there on occasions just like this. Plus,I think he'd be good at kicking ass when you're all not given the respect you deserve. He considered it..we desperately need nurses here
Move on up! Heheheh

12:42 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I hope the weekend goes quickly for you hun and you get to relax afterwards.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Crushed said...

Don't work too hard.
You know what they say about all work and no play.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Yep, I am working this weekend, both days in the ER. I know what you men about people coming into the ER. Once, at another hospital had a lady bring her son in after she had been to her GP. Her son had stuffed a piece of vegetable up his nose, the GP could not remove it. They came to triage and said wat had happened. I got a tissue, gave it to the boy, got him to blow his nose and WHALAAA...it came out!! Could have saved a trip to the ER hey?

6:17 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

But think of the money.

2:14 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

traffic is bad here on fridays too. Small town bad but still...

5:05 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

If I had to go to the shady part of town, I would want a partner with me!

Hope work went ok this weekend.I try to avoid working on the weekends.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

If I had to go to the shady part of town, I would want a partner with me!

Hope work went ok this weekend.I try to avoid working on the weekends.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops I'm a bit late in reading this but it's another friday and I would LOVE not to go in to work today. yes, they defintely go crazier on fridays.

ps. can't believe you send your nurses out on house calls alone. ours slaways travel in pairs. then again, ours are "mental health" which is considered a dangerous profession

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars