Thursday, July 12, 2007

2nd Anniversary


Today is the 2nd anniversary of the death of my dearest friend in the world,Nancy Painter.I miss her each and every day. I remember how devastated I was to hear the news. I haven't made the appointment to have my tattoo added to yet but I am calling today. Hopefully by next weekend I will have it done. It amazes me sometimes how life just moves on. I am reminded of the song that goes Why does my heart go on beating, why do these eyes of mine cry, don't they know it's the end of the world, it ended when you said goodbye. I felt that way that day. Like, how can people still be driving their cars and acting like the worst thing in the world didn't just happen? I am not going to cry today. Or at least I am not planning on it. We will see how the day goes.

Lady Bird Johnson passed away in her home yesterday. They say she died a peaceful death surrounded by her loved ones. I loved that lady. She was the epitome of a true Texas lady. She worked so hard to make things better in her lifetime. She was a big supporter of Keep America Beautiful and was instrumental in much of the natural beauty both in the nation's capital as well as here in Texas. I once saw her in a building here in town.She was getting of the elevator and I saw her and squealed like a school girl "Oh Lady Bird, I love you" and rushed to hug her. I was met by 2 rather large gentlemen who effectively blocked my way! Oops! Forgot about the secret servicemen. She waved them away and hugged my neck anyways! The state of Texas as well as the whole country has lost a wonderful person!

My car is in the shop. I took it in this morning. Of course, I am broke as a joke so hello, my car is hiccuping when I am at a standstill. I don't know what that means but I am sure it will be costly. I love my car and would hate to have to get another one.

The "talker" is out today. That is a nice present for me on this auspicious day. I don't think I could make it if I had to listen to her over there on the other side of the partition sighing away. I swear some days I feel like I should hold on to something or get sighed out of here. I shouldn't make fun of her but she does get all flustered and so easy at that. Her surgery is scheduled for the 26th of this month and she will probably be out for about 6 weeks.Who knows I may even miss her while she is gone...NAH!

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger S* said...

My goodness how time flies. I remember you posting last year on her anniversary. I'm so sorry that you lost your dear friend, but at least you were lucky to have known her and shared time with her.

((hugs))

11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Poody, Loosing someone close to you is never easy and although life goes on the longing is still there!

Take Care - Thinking of you!

NMTOB

11:27 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I love this quote from Doris Roberts, which I found shortly after my sister died:

You have an opportunity when a person dies who is so close to you to lie down and die with them or start another life. It is new. It is different. It won't be the same.

I am sorry about your friend, but I hope you find a way to celebrate the friendship you have. What are you going to add to the tatoo?

12:55 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Oh, and I heard about Ladybird Johnson. It made me sad. She was a great woman.

I didn't realize how much she was involved with.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This might be too late, but the first (and cheapest) thing I'd try to do to fix the car is change the spark plugs.

My mum's car has the same problem, as we speak. For some reason, her mechanic decided to replace the gas tank first.

Wanker.

6:38 PM  
Blogger poody said...

it was the spark plug Michelle

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars