Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Dallas and King Tut

I am going to Dallas this weekend to meet my friend Pam from Tulsa. We are going shopping and to the museum to see the King Tut exhibit. I am so looking forward to the trip. I love shopping in big D and I love anything remotely egyptian. Even the cotton! LOL! I have been busy at work too! I went to the Dr. last week and had blood work drawn. I have tested positive for Hepititis C but my blood work shows no viral load, and I am one of the lucky 20% who does not need the treatment. My liver enzymes are all normal. I am not even a carrier.! Yay me! I have been so tired lately and the aches and pains have exacerbated to the point of my crying with the pain. My Vitamin D level was 9 the normal is 30-60 so this is probably why I have weak muscles and pain. I have started on a replacement but I will have to wait for a few weeks before checking the levels again. I am out in the sunshine every day but I do use a sunblock. I have to or I would burn baby burn. Hopefully the replacement therapy will work and I am already feeeling stronger and less pain. Of course, he also put me on tramadol which my friend Connie the kidney nurse tells me is the least offensive to the kidneys. I really wish I had a vicodin because they work and I am tired of the pain! Whaa!!!Big baby!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Naa,you're not a big baby. Chronic pain is awful,it not only hurts your body but after awhile it messes with your mind too. It's sucks on both ends.
That's amazing news about the viral load! Woohoo! I bet you were
relieved about that.
I have to take 3000IU of Vit. D a day or I feel like I imagine you're
feeling. It's so vital to good health,huh?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Hi Poody!I think people totally underestimate the importance of vit D, even the medicos. It's good news with the hep C stuff though: it seems like someone finally decided to cut you a break.
I hope you enjoyed King Tut in the big D ;0)
xoxoxoxo

2:12 PM  
Blogger Bo... said...

Hang in there! I hope you feel better soon--- and definitely a trip to Dallas is good "medicine". I have chronic pain, too, and I can't take narcotics either (because of being in recovery)---so I've become the Queen of Motrin, heh. Have fun at Dallas (there is the COOLEST yarn store there but alas, I am too broke to buy much yarn lately!...)

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars